Scared of wearing black outfits because of the noticeable flakes on your collar?
Dandruff can be a really big problem. It is a common term used for a skin disorder of the scalp, where white-colored flakes are visible and can form a thin layer on the scalp or other hairy parts that causes itching.
Seborrheic Dermatitis is the mouthful term for dandruff; it is neither life-threatening nor contagious, but it can be very annoying.
Good thing, there are ways to prevent, control or treat dandruff with some home remedies.
Here are 5 Simple Home Treatments for Dandruff:
• Aloe Vera - this plant has been used topically in centuries for various types of treatments in skin infections, wounds, burns and more. This is also a good home treatment for dandruff. You can apply and massage aloe vera gel on your scalp, leave it on for about thirty minutes to an hour, shampoo your hair then rinse well. Repeat this three or four times a week to get rid of dandruff.
• Salt - ordinary table salt is not just useful for adding taste to food, but also an effective remedy for dandruff. The natural texture of table salt works well in scrubbing dandruff out before shampooing. Pour a solution of one cup warm water with three teaspoons of salt into your hair, and massage into your scalp. Rinse it well afterwards until all the saline solution is gone.
• Aspirin - another treatment for dandruff available inside your medicine kit is aspirin. Just crush a couple of aspirin into a fine powder, and add it to your shampoo bottle. Use the infusion when washing your hair, leave it on your scalp for 20 minutes, rinse well then wash it again with plain shampoo.
• Apple Cider Vinegar - mix one cup of cold water to ¼ cup of regular apple cider vinegar. Pour this mixture before each shampoo, massage thoroughly, leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse well. This should be repeated daily for a week to fully brush-off the dandruff.
• Olive Oil - this is another home treatment for dandruff. Every night, place 3 drops of olive oil into your palm, rub your hands together then massage your scalp gently with the oil. Rinse it and wash away the oil with your regular shampoo.
The treatment for dandruff should be applied regularly for best results. Dandruff might not be life-threatening, but it can turn severe which clings to your scalp and might cause hair loss. And if the problem persist, it is always best to consult your dermatologist.